AnnieÂ and KnittyOtterÂ (yes, otters knit. very well I might add) tagged me for 6 weird things.Â I’ve always considered myself eccentric rather than weird.Â Â Eccentric has a sort of charm that weird cannot quite manage.Â Eccentric invokes an image of your distant relative that you find odd but still want to be nice to incase they have put you in their will.Â Weird is the creepyÂ person in the house that you crossÂ the street to avoid walking directly infront of it.Â
Weird Eccentric Things About Me
1. I use my teeth, not my lips, to pull food off a forkÂ or even a spoon.Â I cannot remember when I started eating food like this. Perhaps I have always done so.Â Â Â I didn’t even realize that this was strange until a few years ago when someone pointed it out.Â I suspect they would not have noticed except they have a
weird eccentric thing about not liking the feel of metal.
2. Not a one of you can convince me that dead people in graves and funeral homes are incapable of reaching out and grabbing me.Â Zombies exist and for all my college education I stand by this statement.Â I have gained control of my fear as I’ve aged.Â I can now enter a cemetary but I won’t leave theÂ asphalt drive.Â Â However, I think I horribly embarrased my parents when I was a teen. Sorry, mom and dad.Â I also routinely make my husband promise that I will be cremated so that I won’t become a zombie myself.
3. I have never knit with Socks that Rock.Â Nor do I want to.Â I will wait for all you knitters who have fainted in shock to revive yourself before I proceed to number 4.
Are you ready?Â I suppose I should have warned you to be sitting down before springing that little bit of personal information on you.
4.Â One of my legs is twisted, just slightly.Â No one notices except when I make a point of it and put my feet together and am wearing a skirt that makes my knees visible and tell them exactly where to look to observe the twistiness.Â I, however, notice nothing but my twisted leg.Â
5. I love salsa, ketchup, spaghetti sauce, and pizza sauce.Â I hate tomatoes.Â I do not want them salted, sliced, on my sandwich, my tacos (except as salsa), or in my salad.Â Â I know of others who have this
weird eccentric love hate relationship with tomatoes.Â I take comfort in the knowledge that I am not alone.Â
6. I hate wearing shoes.Â I strongly dislike wearing socks.Â I will walk to the mailbox in the dead of winter barefoot.Â Since I’ve knit a pair of socks for myself, I enjoy wearing those.Â But only for brief time.Â I think it is the showing off of the socks and not the actual wearing that I like.Â Ironicly, I married a man who has never let his feet see the light of day.Â
If you are feeling so brave as to disclose six
weird eccentric things about yourself, consider yourself tagged.Â Of course, let me know so that I can laugh at you as much as you have just laughed at me. ;)